“Being yourself is essential because we put off our dreams by thinking we’re not enough, that we don’t have what it takes, that what we’re interested in isn’t right and we ought to chase after something else. My friend, you have everything you need to fulfill your dreams. They’re your dreams, and no one else’s. Never give up on them.”
~ Art Rios
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Today you have another chance to show the world what you are made of! Today you can show the world that you are not a quitter.
Today you can push harder.
Never give up!
Today you can do anything you put your mind to.
Yes, today is that day.
Today is a gift and today is a great day to be alive.
You have whatever it takes to conquer your demons!
This day is going to come and go whether you like it or not.
Will you push past the pain today?
Say to yourself:
This day can be whatever you make of it.
Let’s do this day!
From Coach Matt
AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DAY: 1) My life is a gift and I appreciate everything I have. 2) I’m doing my best and that is enough. 3) I have the power to create change.
A grandfather is talking with his grandson and he says there are two wolves inside of us which are always at war with each other.
One of them is a good wolf which represents things like kindness, bravery, and love. The other is a bad wolf, which represents things like greed, hatred, and fear.
The grandson stops and thinks about it for a second, then he looks up at his grandfather and says, “Grandfather, which one wins?”
The grandfather quietly replies, the one you feed.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
You have been given new life today. You have been given the gift of today. Every day that you are above ground is a good day.
Which wolf will you feed today?
Will you be kind to another human today? Will you share something funny with someone else to try and help them laugh? Will you share a story with another to help them have hope?
Respond below and tell me specifically how you will feed your good wolf! I plan to get my exercise in and listen to plenty of affirmations.
This week may you feed the good wolf. May you fill your life and soul with a couple of awesome and amazing things. Happy Monday! Let’s make this a great week!
AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DAY:
1) “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive―to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love” ―Marcus Aurelius 2)“Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it.” ―Mary Pickford 3) “This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before.” ―Maya Angelou 4) “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” ―Roald Dahl 5) “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” ―Ralph Waldo Emerson
Share the Matt’s Motivational Monday love:
1) Support Matt’s Motivational Monday here 2) Or share this e-mail or post with a friend who might need some motivation or encouragement this day!
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do.” ~Brene Brown.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Get outside – nature is so healing.
As you know for me, spending time outside in nature is very healing. And as I have learned it is beneficial and healing for many of you as well.
This weekend I spent some time outside in Marble Falls at Sweet Berry Farms with my wife and two daughters and two other friends. The strawberry picking was phenomenal. I enjoyed the time picking strawberries. The weather was near perfect and I had the most delicious Strawberry Popsicle.
There was something youthful and restorative to be out there that I can’t quite put my finger on. Maybe it was just the way the strawberry fields looked. Maybe it was the fun and relaxing atmosphere. There were lots of families with young children walking, running and frolicking about. We had lunch out there at some picnic tables. My kids enjoyed it. My wife and I enjoyed it too. Needless to say, I will be eating a lot of strawberries this week.
I also went on a short walk with my wife along a trail on Sunday while the kids were at gymnastics. I also ran 10 miles total on Saturday. I was at Brushy Creek Park which was very nice indeed.
Now that you have a recap of my weekend, let me throw some motivational stuff at you.
One of the most transformational things you can do in your life journey is to love yourself. You are worthy of your own love. You are enough just the way you are. You can love yourself right now in this moment. And sometimes this act of loving yourself can grow into more and more love that transforms your mind and body and your overall health. It can go from being hard and awkward to becoming automatic and healing.
If you are new to this, just try saying I love myself. Say it over and over again. And then feel the love you have for yourself. When you see yourself in the mirror, say I love you. Journal about the ways you love yourself. You have one life and one body. Let’s love that this week.
Matt’s Motivational Monday members there you have it.
Spend time outdoors. Nature can be a tremendous healer.
Love yourself a little more this week.
Random celebration: My cat peanut also turned one year old this week. He has mostly been a joy for our family. 🙂
How will you love yourself this week? Reply and let me know. TGIM!
From Coach Matt
AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DAY: 1) You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously. 2) You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. 3) You are free, you are powerful, you are good, you are love, you have value, you have a purpose. All is well.
QUOTE OF THE DAY: Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. — MARK TWAIN
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Today I thought I would give you some resources that I listen to that fuel my dreams and my goals.
1) https://www.darrendaily.com/ – This guy has a video message every day of the week Monday through Friday that is sent straight to your email box. He also has an apple podcast – which I prefer because I can download them and listen to them in the car.
2) I listen to the Rich Roll podcast pretty frequently too. He interviews guests in a long-form format. The episodes are often about 2 hours or so. Each week Rich delves deep into all things wellness with some of the brightest and most forward-thinking, paradigm-busting minds in health, fitness, nutrition, art, entertainment, entrepreneurship & spirituality. Intimate, deep and often intense, these are not interviews. They are conversations. They are a weekly aural dance designed to provoke, educate, inspire and empower you to discover, uncover, unlock and unleash your best, most authentic self.
3) Fearless Motivation is another great resource I watch frequently. They have a ton of videos to watch on the website and I am on their email list too.
So there you have it. Three more resources to add to your weekly list of things to subscribe to or listen to.
Finally, I wanted to say one other thing. Honestly, I am not always motivated to go work out or go do something I know I should. I am human like the rest of you. I have days where I wake up and I think I do not want to go work out.
Go anyway. Do the thing anyway. Face the fear anyway. Give that speech anyway.
And 90% of the time I feel better after I do it. So face your fear or do your workout anyway. That’s my tip of the week.
What is one thing you will do this week that will stretch you out of your comfort zone? Stayed tuned next week to hear what mine is.
Happy Monday! TGIM!
AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DAY:
1) I believe in myself and my ability to succeed. 2) I am in the process of becoming the best version of myself. 3) My courage is stronger than my fear.