Happy MONDAY! TGIM!
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle.” ~ ~ Deepak Chopra
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: This week I am continuing my jigsaw puzzle motivation. Welcome to part two.
1) In our family, almost every time we put in a piece to the puzzle we celebrate it. I usually give or ask for a high five.
I love the idea of celebrating small wins in your life. Whenever you go through a struggle or a challenge and you get to the other side, celebrate that. When you work on a puzzle, every piece can be a bit challenging and so finding a piece is worth a small celebration. I usually say out loud, I got a piece!
How cool is it when you find that pieces of your life are coming together?
Do you celebrate that? When you have something cool happening in your life, do you share that?
I find this small practice is very rewarding. When you end your day with all of your wins, it feels more positive.
2) In our family, the lighting in the living room is not that great. At one point in the puzzle, we got out another small light to illuminate the puzzle.
WOW! How often do we need to shine our light in order to see the puzzle pieces in our life go together? I am often surprised at other’s perspectives on things. I often find myself saying, “Wow I never thought of it that way.” Or “That is an interesting way to look at it.”
I think shining light on a dark place in your life, and sharing that with others ultimately brings healing. In fact, a lot of the times when I run in the early mornings I title my runs, “Shine your light in the darkness.”
3) Finally, to bring it all the pieces of the puzzle together you often need help.
I say this often. If you need help with a certain area of your life, ask for it. Seek medical help. Seek a professional licensed counselor to talk through your issues. Seek emotional help. Seek physical health. They all matter when it comes to your full puzzle of health and for the full puzzle of your life to make sense.
That’s a wrap for today folks.
Let’s be the light that shines in the darkness.
Let’s help others with their puzzle pieces in life.
Let’s love ourselves and help others.
From Coach Matt
AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DAY:
1) The love I have for myself spills over into my love for others.
2) I am taking good care of my body today.
3) I treat my body with care and respect, knowing that it is the home of my soul.
4) Today I dare to be with me and all that I am.
5) I know I am making a positive difference in the world today.
Happy MONDAY! TGIM!