Happy MONDAY! TGIM!
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Life is like a jigsaw puzzle, you have to see the whole picture, then put it together piece by piece!” ~Terry McMillan
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
I was sitting down this weekend to do a jigsaw puzzle with my family. And on Sunday morning I came up with the following thoughts:
I thought of several analogies that go along with putting a jigsaw together.
1) Sometimes in a jigsaw puzzle we try and put the same piece into the same place where it does not fit over and over and over again.
How many times in life do we do this? We keep trying to put the wrong piece of our life into place where it doesn’t fit. Maybe you keep bumping up against the same wall in your life. You keep trying but it doesn’t work. Maybe we should try something different. Maybe we need to keep trying until we find the missing piece and put in correctly and then we can move forward in our life.
2) Sometimes getting a different perspective when viewing the puzzle helps.
I found that if I view the puzzle from the couch I was able to find a couple of different pieces. Sometimes we need to stand back in our life and look at it a little differently. Sometimes I was on the right side of the puzzle. Sometimes I was on the left side of the puzzle. In each case, I got a different perspective and that also helps us in life.
How many times are we looking at life the same old way? Maybe we need a new perspective from the right or left. Maybe we need help with life from a friend or a professional or expert in a certain area of our life.
3) It took teamwork to put the puzzle together.
Sometimes it takes teamwork to figure out your life. Grab a friend for coffee or lunch or a run or whatever you like to do. Figure out life together.
4) You often need to keep referring to the big picture.
How many times in life do we need that reminder? I like a big picture view of life and to see what is going on. I forget to look at life from the big picture. Let’s try and do that this week.
5) It took us about a whole week to finish that puzzle. And it took everyone in our family to do so.
How often in life does it take several weeks or many weeks for a new habit to stick? You know what I am saying.
So this week let’s tackle the puzzling situations in our life together.
Let’s get a new perspective and just keep trying.
Let’s keep going.
Let’s keep trying.
Are you with me?
From Coach Matt
AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DAY:
1) My life is a puzzle and I don’t have to figure it out all on my own.
2) I love my life and all the twists and turns it takes.
3) You never know what kind of day you might have, so enjoy every special moment you get.