A grandfather is talking with his grandson and he says there are two wolves inside of us which are always at war with each other.
One of them is a good wolf which represents things like kindness, bravery, and love. The other is a bad wolf, which represents things like greed, hatred, and fear.
The grandson stops and thinks about it for a second, then he looks up at his grandfather and says, “Grandfather, which one wins?” The grandfather quietly replies, the one you feed.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
You have been given new life today. You have been given the gift of today. Every day that you are above ground is a good day.
Which wolf will you feed today?
Will you be kind to another human today? Will you share something funny with someone else to try and help them laugh? Will you share a story with another to help them have hope?
This week may you feed the good wolf. May you fill your life and soul with a couple of awesome and amazing things.
Happy Monday! Let’s make this a great week!
AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DAY:
1) “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive―to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love” ―Marcus Aurelius 2)“Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it.” ―Mary Pickford 3) “This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before.” ―Maya Angelou
4) “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” ―Roald Dahl 5) “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” ―Ralph Waldo Emerson
In short, according to the Mayo clinic laughter can stimulate organs and increase endorphins, sooth tension, improve your immune system and improve your mood, and increase personal satisfaction. The whole article is here:
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “If you’re always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.” — MAYA ANGELOU
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: You have probably been spending more time on the internet and Facebook lately right? You might be spending more time at home too. Is that true for you?
And quite honestly it is a mixed blessing. I am spending more time with my wife and two children and that has been a good thing. It is good to be with them for sure. But it has also been hard to work all day in the same house and try and help my children with their homework.
Let’s face it. Sometimes I think I’m a little crazy. I enjoy waking up early in the morning, doing a little meditation and praying, and then going to work out. I am a dreamer. I am a creative type. I enjoy doing half marathons and running and doing triathlons. Actually, those are normal things for me to do. But more than that I am a one of a kind masterpiece created by God all mighty.
I am unique just like you are unique in your own way. I am amazing just like you are in your own amazing way. However, I have unique dreams and visions and goals that are not yours. You are unique. You are special and you are amazing.
When I think about this quote, it makes me wonder and think about how being myself is great. God created me with unique fingerprints like no one else on this planet earth. God shaped me and formed me to have a certain way of thinking and certain tendencies. And I believe he created me to have a purpose.
Don’t be normal. Be uniquely you. Be uniquely you and shine your unique light. Be the light in the darkness this week.
Strike up a conversation with a stranger. Give some money to the poor. Live outside your comfort zones. Ask for things you think are silly. Ask for help. Be assertive. Ask for things that you think are audacious. Read a good book. Feed your mind positive and motivational things. Hire a coach to help you out. Go to a therapist if you need that kind of help. Be thankful. Join a challenge. Challenge your friends to do a race. Call a friend. Call your family. Tell them you love them. Life is short. Don’t waste it. I will end with another quote that I thought was good this week.
“You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress, simultaneously.”
― Sophia Bush
Finally, how are you doing?
I am a real human being writing this to you and I know you are a real human being reading this right now. Reply and let me know about the following:
A) Are you doing well? Or are you struggling? B) Do you agree with today’s quote of the day? C) Or if you can’t think of anything else, just tell me what city or state you’re reading this from.
QUOTE OF THE DAY: Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. — MARK TWAIN
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Today I thought I would give you some resources that I listen to that fuel my dreams and my goals.
1) https://www.darrendaily.com/ – This guy has a video message every day of the week Monday through Friday that is sent straight to your email box. He also has an apple podcast – which I prefer because I can download them and listen to them in the car.
2) I listen to the Rich Roll podcast pretty frequently too. He interviews guests in a long-form format. The episodes are often about 2 hours or so. Each week Rich delves deep into all things wellness with some of the brightest and most forward-thinking, paradigm-busting minds in health, fitness, nutrition, art, entertainment, entrepreneurship & spirituality. Intimate, deep and often intense, these are not interviews. They are conversations. They are a weekly aural dance designed to provoke, educate, inspire and empower you to discover, uncover, unlock and unleash your best, most authentic self.
3) Fearless Motivation is another great resource I watch frequently. They have a ton of videos to watch on the website and I am on their email list too.
So there you have it. Three more resources to add to your weekly list of things to subscribe to or listen to.
Finally, I wanted to say one other thing. Honestly, I am not always motivated to go work out or go do something I know I should. I am human like the rest of you. I have days where I wake up and I think I do not want to go work out.
For instance, this past Saturday morning when I woke up it was 45 degrees and raining and I thought ugh, I do not want to go running this morning. I would rather just sit here on the couch. But I was meeting a friend for a run and I went anyway.
Go anyway. Do the thing anyway. Face the fear anyway. Give that speech anyway.
And 90% of the time I feel better after I do it. So face your fear or do your workout anyway. That’s my tip of the week.
What is one thing you will do this week that will stretch you out of your comfort zone? Stayed tuned next week to hear what mine is.
Happy Monday! TGIM!
AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DAY:
1) I believe in myself and my ability to succeed. 2) I am in the process of becoming the best version of myself. 3) My courage is stronger than my fear.
Share the Matt’s Motivational Monday love:
1) Support Matt’s Motivational Monday here 2) Or share this e-mail with a friend who might need some motivation or encouragement this day!