Happy MONDAY! TGIM!
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” ~Abraham Lincoln
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: This week I am focusing on and aiming to celebrate joy. I am going to concentrate on what is going right with my life. I am going to celebrate the good. I am going to keep a list of all the things this week that went right.
This is another idea I got from my iToast group. We had some really powerful speeches the first week of January and I am still mulling them over. One of the members in the group says she does this very thing. She has a specific notebook where she lists everything that is going right for her that day. I think this could be a valuable exercise.
It is kind of like counting your blessings or being grateful but with a little bit of a different twist.
My current list looks a little like this:
Wins for the day:
1) The other day I shared some extra nip guards with a friend who is running the 3M half marathon. (Sharing is caring.)
2) The running group I run with at 5:00 a.m. on Tuesdays and sometimes other days made a sweet running shirt and I wore it to work out in today.
3) I discovered another guy that I run with has a daughter in the same girl scout troop as Emily.
4) My daughter Emily is selling girl scout cookies and had a really good first day.
5) I made it alive to take my daughter to gymnastics.
6) I am actively de-cluttering my life.
7) We live in a house that gives us shelter from the elements.
8) I like the neighborhood we live in.
9) My marathon training is going well.
Happy Monday! TGIM! Thank God it’s Monday!
Respond back to this blog with your own list of things that went right today. Respond back with your gratitude list. I would love to hear what is going right in your life today.
Cheering you on,
From Coach Matt
AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DAY:
1) Today I will look for the good in the world.
2) Today I will concentrate on what is going well in my life.
3) Today I will love my life and choose to see it joyfully.