|Happy MONDAY! TGIM!|
QUOTE OF THE DAY: Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation. ~ Rumi
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It’s Thanksgiving week. I should probably write a post about giving thanks and being thankful and grateful. I am of course thankful for a lot of things. I do a mostly daily practice of naming three things I am thankful for.
1) I am thankful for being alive and for breathing
2) I am thankful for nature and it’s healing power
3) I am thankful for my family and friends who I will be spending time with this week as part of our Thanksgiving celebration.
There that’s done. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving spent with family and friends.
This week I have continued to find myself listening to the silence. Listening to the calm. Listening for God. Listening to the messages the universe is sending me. And that has led to more calm and more clarity and more focus. I did a couple of really good meditations on Insight Timer.
One of them was interesting enough to write about and it was a theme around winning at the game of life. The meditation teacher said that if you can focus on 3 seconds and hold your attention at that moment then you win. So you could right now count 1, 2, 3 and then say WIN. And so I have been trying to be more present and focus on the daily moments of my life with my children and with my family and while I am driving or while I am running.
The game is to see how many times you can say in your mind 1, 2, 3, WIN in each day. How many times can you win at the game of life this week?
Happy Monday! Happy Thanksgiving!
I am thankful and grateful you are part of Matt’s Motivational Monday!
Namaste. Peace be with you.
AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DAY:
1) I will listen to the silence and learn from what it teaches me
2) I will look forward to what God is doing in my life
3) My body and mind are a temple of the Holy Spirit and I will treat them that way.