Dance like nobody is watching.
Love like you have never been hurt.
Sing like nobody is listening.
Live like it is heaven on earth.
~ Mark Twain
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Welcome to the best day of your life so far in 2019.
Why not make this the day you do that thing you have been putting off?
Nike’s slogan “just do it” is not that far off the truth.
Let’s do this thing called Monday with a little passion.
Let’s do it with a little fire in our hearts.
How many steps do you actually think you can get in?
How far down the rabbit hole do you wanna go this week?
Do you wanna take the red pill or the blue pill this week Neo?
Today on the first day of the week, let’s start it off right.
Smile. Take some deep breaths. And go for it!
What have you got to lose?
AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DAY:
1) “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive―to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love” ―Marcus Aurelius
2)“Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it.” ―Mary Pickford 3) “This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before.” ―Maya Angelou
4) “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” ―Roald Dahl
5) “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” ―Ralph Waldo Emerson
QUOTE OF THE DAY: If you’re always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be. — MAYA ANGELOU
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Let’s face it. Sometimes I think I’m a little crazy. I enjoy waking up early in the morning, doing a little meditation and praying, and then going to work out. I am a dreamer. I am a creative type. I enjoy doing half marathons and running and doing triathlons, and Spartans races and burpees. Actually, those are normal things for me to do. But more than that I am a one of a kind
I am unique just like you are unique in your own way. I am amazing just like you are in your own amazing way. However, I have unique dreams and visions and goals that are not yours. You are unique. You are special and you are amazing.
I like to listen to electronic dance music or a podcast in my car on the way to work. I like to create and write blogs.
When I think about this quote, it makes me wonder and think about how being myself is great. I was created with unique fingerprints like no one else on this planet earth. I was shaped and formed me to have a certain way of thinking and certain tendencies. And I believe I was created to have a purpose.
Don’t be normal. Be uniquely you. Be uniquely you and shine your unique light. Be the light in the darkness this week.
Strike up a conversation with a stranger. Give some money to the poor. Live outside your comfort zones. Ask for things you think are silly. Ask for help. Be assertive. Ask for things that you think are audacious. Read a good book. Feed your mind positive and motivational things. Hire a coach to help you out. Go to a therapist if you need that kind of help. Be thankful. Join a challenge. Challenge your friends to do a race. Call a friend. Call your family. Tell them you love them. Life is short. Don’t waste it. I will end with another quote that I thought was good this week.
You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress, simultaneously.”
QUOTE OF THE DAY: If you wait for things to be perfect, you walk away with NOTHING. Just jump in and get started. ~ Jennifer Ritchie Payette ~
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Happy Monday! Thanks for reading my blog. I know there is tons of great content out there and the fact that you are reading this is amazing. I really like this quote because lately I have been just jumping into things and getting started. So far this year I have jumped in and got some life coaching. I jumped into trying some new health products. I jumped into a Love Yourself to Health group and am currently in a 28 day total transformational challenge. I wanted to personally thank Brian Roehling for this quote because she posts quotes like this on her Facebook page every day.
I also wanted to talk about something that I deal with every day that is hard for me some days and takes work most days. I really try to be positive and upbeat most of the time and that’s an ideal situation when you are sending out a positive email or blog. But in real life, I am not always that way. I struggle with things just like you do. And in an attempt to be more real and vulnerable I wanted to say this.
I have diabetes. It’s a disease that I have the opportunity to deal with every day. I have to give myself insulin every day. I have to check my blood sugars every day. I have to do a lot of things every day to make sure I don’t go too high or too low. It’s a balancing act like walking a tight rope. You don’t want your blood sugars to be too high or too low. There is a sweet spot in the middle that you can achieve by eating healthy and dosing the properly amount of insulin and getting the right amount of physical activity. Some days it’s an emotional roller coaster just to get your blood sugars to behave. And other times it goes fairly smoothly.
Now the blessing in disguise of having diabetes is that I do have to be consistent and I do have to deal with it every day. There is no vacation from diabetes. Now doing something every day no matter what can be a good thing. Like for instance, exercise and working out every day is a good thing. I usually take one or two days off, but almost every day I get 10,000 steps in. Thanks, Fitbit for challenging me to do that. I try to consistently eat healthy because that helps a lot. I do try to dose my insulin at the same times every day because that also helps.
I am not always consistent 100% of the time, but like to adhere to the 80/20 rule. That’s eating healthy 80% of the time and then eating some other sweets and cookies the other 20% of the time. After all I, am human. I struggle. I crave sweets and I give in. Over the years it has been easier to say no to some sweets like free office donuts. But it is what it is.
Is having diabetes hard to deal with? Yes Is it a blessing in disguise? Yes
I strive every day to have good blood sugars, to motivate others to move and exercise, and stay positive and love themselves. Because all of that has helped me have a great life and I hope that today you can do that too.
Today get some movement in, drink a lot of water, and eat some good healthy foods! Go for it and remember if you wait for things to be perfect, you walk with NOTHING.
JUST JUMP in and GET STARTED!
AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DAY:
1) I love myself unconditionally and accept myself as I am. 2) I accept that to err is human and I forgive myself for all my mistakes. 3) I am proud of myself and all that I have accomplished 4) I accept myself for what I am and I constantly try to better myself. 5) I love my body and take good care of it by all means.
QUOTE OF THE DAY: Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. — MARK TWAIN
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Today I thought I would give you some resources that I listen to that fuel my dreams and my goals.
1) https://www.darrendaily.com/ – This guy has a video message every day of the week Monday through Friday that is sent straight to your email box. He also has an apple podcast – which I prefer because I can download them and listen to them in the car. The episode on the One Habit that will change your life is pretty good. But they are all really good.
2) I listen to the Rich Roll podcast pretty frequently too. He interviews guests in a long-form format. The episodes are often about 2 hours or so. Each week Rich delves deep into all things wellness with some of the brightest and most forward thinking, paradigm busting minds in health, fitness, nutrition, art, entertainment, entrepreneurship & spirituality. Intimate, deep and often intense, these are not interviews. They are conversations. A weekly aural dance designed to provoke, educate, inspire and empower you to discover, uncover, unlock and unleash your best, most authentic self.
3) Fearless Motivation is another great resource I watch frequently. They have a ton of videos to watch on the website and I am on their email list too.
So there you have it. Three more resources to add to your weekly list of things to subscribe to or listen to.
Finally, I wanted to say one other thing. Honestly, I am not always motivated to say go work out or go do something I know I should. I am human like the rest of you. I have days where I wake up and I am like I do not want to go work out. But I go anyway. I do the thing anyway. I face the fear anyway. I give the speech anyway. And 90% of the time I feel better after I do it. So face your fear or do your workout anyway. That’s my tip of the week.
Happy Monday! TGIM!
AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DAY:
1) I believe in myself and my ability to succeed. 2) I am in the process of becoming the best version of myself. 3) My courage is stronger than my fear.