Happy MONDAY! TGIM!
QUOTE OF THE DAY: When you feel like quitting, remember why you started.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: As I was thinking about what to write today, I thought I would start by going back to the basics. Why did I start this blog or this email list called Matt’s Motivational Monday? It was to bring motivational, inspirational content to your inbox every Monday. But I will be honest, sometimes I don’t feel that inspired or that motivated to get things done.
So then I go back to the basics.
Matt’s basics involve:
1) Wake up early and do a guided meditation using the meditation app called Insight Timer. This helps me to be centered.
2) Drinking Matt’s morning smoothie.
3) Doing some exercise sometime that day. I usually find time at lunch to do exercise but it varies. Sometimes I do a morning workout. Sometimes I do a lunchtime workout. Or once a week I do a workout after work.
4) Be thankful. Find time to be thankful for things in your life. Write in a gratitude journal.
5) Read inspirational articles or information and emails.
Some interesting articles and websites I go to are:
This was helpful this week:
Also, a good website that I visit once a week is called https://www.fearlessmotivation.com/
This article was posted this week:
And this site is also my go-to site for motivational videos:
Here is my favorite one from www.mateuszm.com
So there you go. Three websites that can inspire me or motivated me when I am not motivated.
AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DAY:
1) When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive―to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love” ―Marcus Aurelius
2) “This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before.” ―Maya Angelou
3) Every day you have the unique opportunity to influence someone else’s life.
Share the Matt’s Motivational Monday love:
1) Matt’s Motivational Monday will always be free, but if you feel inclined to support me you can do so here.
2) Or share this e-mail or post with a friend who might need some motivation or encouragement this day!