Happy MONDAY! TGIM!
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “There is something about the mental act of thanksgiving that seems to carry the human mind far beyond the region of doubt into the clear atmosphere of faith and trust, where “all things are possible.”
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: This quote of the day comes from a meditation called Gratitude meditation. I cycle through it maybe once a week and it comes from a meditation app I highly recommend called Insight Timer. If you would like to listen to it you can do so here:
It has been found that people who have a daily gratitude practice:
1) Consistently experience more positive emotions
2) Feel more alert, energetic, enthused and alive
3) Sleep better
4) Have lower blood pressure
5) Are more likely to accomplish personal goals.
6) Are more likely to exercise and stick with a self-improvement program like losing weight.
And who would not want any or all of those benefits?
I invite you to give this gratitude meditation a try. I also suggest starting a gratitude journal where you write down 3 things you are grateful for every day. Tell someone else three things that you appreciate about them. And let’s have a great Monday!
AFFIRMATIONS OF THE DAY:
1) I am thankful for every situation in my life.
2) I am thankful for the wonderful nature around me and the chance to live in this incredible world.
3) I am thankful to my body for allowing me to live a healthy and zestful life
BONUS: Comment and list three things you are thankful for TODAY 🙂